November 6 @ 9:00 am - November 8 @ 5:00 pm
6 – 8 November 2019
This is an annual FREE* event supported by the Royal Society of Chemistry. It offers school students the opportunity to appreciate the place of chemistry in everyday life and the world of work, with particular emphasis on what is happening in our local area.
A typical event consists of at least 4 short interactive workshops and an interactive tour of the Museum site highlighting the strong chemical heritage of the region. Local organisations that use the chemical sciences in their work are invited to deliver the workshops showcasing a current aspect of their work.
*A booking and admission charge of £10 + VAT applies
- To present a positive image of chemistry and the chemical sciences to young people at school or in college
- To show the variety of applications of chemistry in the world of work
- To show that chemistry is an interesting and exciting way to earn a living
- To show that chemists are real people
- To raise awareness of the scientific heritage of the Black Country
How to Book
Please contact the Black Country Living Museum Sales & Ticketing Team for bookings (details below).
Please note that this is a Free event, limited to a maximum of 20 students per school. There are limited places so we might not be able to accommodate you – so please do not arrange transport until you have received a confirmation of your booking.
|Wednesday 6 November 2019||SEND Students (7-16 years)||Booking Form|
|Thursday 7 November 2019||KS 2||Booking Form|
|Friday 8 November 2019||KS3 & 4||SOLD OUT|
The BCLM’s Sales & Ticketing Team are available to offer help and advice when planning a visit.
Contact the Sales & Ticketing Team Monday-Friday between 10.00am and 4.00pm:
Telephone: 0121 520 8054